Here’s a short list of our God Hunts from our trip to Portugal.
- I spent at least seven hours in face-to-face time with Customer Service Representatives during our travel to Portugal. All but one of the people I talked to were kind and helpful. I had numerous opportunities to say encouraging things to them.
- I had great conversations with three other passengers. One of which talked with me about God and the evidence of His peace that we displayed.
- We were kept safe.
- On two occasions when I absolutely needed to get an urgent email out, individuals helped me find access to free (but unadvertised) WiFi.
- The night before we left, I purchased extra protein bars. They were very handy. Plus God kept my sugar from getting too low during those times when the stress was high and I didn’t have access to food.
- The airline paid for a hotel room the first night and gave us money for food while we waited in Newark. We even found sufficient gluten-free food when it really mattered.
- By getting a hotel room, we got at least one good night of rest. (The following night we got none because we were in the back row seated in seats that don’t recline and are up against the lavatory.)
- Jon got pulled aside by TSA for a random check which was very upsetting to him, but Mara was able to calm him down very quickly.
- I got to pray a lot and sense God’s presence, even when “the sun went down.”
- We were supported by the prayers of many, many people!
- Twenty-five people watched and waited at the Lisbon airport for over two hours for us. They met us with cheers, hugs, water, and love.
- It was our luggage that was lost and not one of our kids.
- A church gave us money just before we left to use for travel expenses. It paid for everything that came up.
PS – Two more pieces of luggage came today (our miscellaneous kitchen stuff including our gluten-free stuff and Mara’s keyboard). Five bags here and five more to come. The girls still don’t have any of their clothes. Andy’s winter stuff came but his summer stuff isn’t here yet:)